[Libav-user] error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _av_pix_fmt_descriptors

JIA Pei jp4work at gmail.com
Fri Aug 10 09:41:26 CEST 2012

Hi, all:

First, my environment: Windows 7 + Visual Studio 2010  + libav 0.8.3
Release.

Before the final success, I got this final error:

> error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _av_pix_fmt_descriptors

It seems the solution can be found at
http://ffmpeg.arrozcru.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1514

> You can hack the headers and put __declspec(dllimport) before the
> variable. Its size is PIX_FMT_NB if I recall correctly.

Well, the detailed solutions can be found at
http://code.google.com/r/souranil-javacv/source/browse/src/main/resources/com/googlecode/javacv/cpp/avutil.h?r=d40508ddddb1f4d87ddfb0ac7fccb1dd69b971b1

> #ifdef _WIN32
> #undef av_pix_fmt_descriptors
> __declspec(dllimport) extern const AVPixFmtDescriptor
> av_pix_fmt_descriptors[];

However, I strictly followed this solution, but still got an additional
error:

> error C2370: 'av_pix_fmt_descriptors' : redefinition; different storage
> class

Cheers

--

Pei JIA