[Libav-user] H264 decoding problem

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Sun Aug 19 10:02:53 CEST 2012

Ivan Ushakov <ivan.ushakov at ...> writes:

> I'm using libav for decoding h264 in my iOS application.
> This application also uses Live555 for RTSP stuff.
>
> I use following link for testing:
> rtsp://184.72.239.149/vod/mp4:BigBuckBunny_175k.mov

This works fine here with current git head without
using live555 at all - which version are you using?

> When I get data from Live555 MediaSink I add 3 bytes
> (0x00 0x00 0x01) at the beginning and trying to decode
> it with libav.

I implemented this once for MPlayer - iirc you have to
feed the data you receive to the H264 parser, see
libmpdemux/demux_rtp.cpp in the MPlayer sources.

But as said, this is outdated, FFmpeg now contains all
the necessary code to receive above stream.

Carl Eugen