[Libav-user] RTMP streaming / sound but no video

Olivier Durécu olivier.durecu at gmail.com
Wed Aug 22 08:41:13 CEST 2012

Hi all,

I have written a C program (working fine) that captures audio and video and
encode them in a FLV container (H264/MP3). I get a FLV file which is OK

Now I would like to be able to stream in RTMP the encoded audio and video
instead of creating a local file.

So when creating my AVFormatContext, I simply put in the filename attribute
the RTMP url where I want to stream (rtmp://localhost:1935/live/mystream)

I see audio and video RTMP packets sent to the server. The sound works fine
but the video not. I get a black screen on server side. If I use ffmpeg
program from command line to stream one of my FLV file, everything works
fine...

Does anyone know if there are some additional properties / flags to set in
the container / video stream / H264 encoder to have the video streaming
fine in RTMP ?

My whole chain works since I am able to produce a local FLV file. I can't
understand why the RTMP video packets produced can't be shown on server
side [image: :-(] (I am using red5 1.0.0 RC2 whose logs don't show any
error...)

Thanks for any help