[Libav-user] avconv mjpeg vfr input

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Sun Aug 26 13:15:01 CEST 2012

mm26859 at ... <mm26859 at ...> writes:

> i have a http mjpeg VFR stream from camera, i would like to
> store it with proper PTS. using -vcodec copy , into mp4 or mkv.
> after many tries, i think that the mjpeg decoder does not set
> PTS correctly. i have tried -vsync vfr , but everytime avconv
> sets a CFR in output.

Please note that avconv is known to contain several hundred
regressions over ffmpeg, some of them possibly security
relevant, so it cannot be supported here.

> is there any way to preserve VFR ?

This does not work for mp4, but I believe it should work
for other containers, please add (ffmpeg) command line
together with complete, uncut console output.

Carl Eugen