[Libav-user] Using yadif filter outside a libav environnment.

Hector Alonso halonso at vpod.tv
Fri Aug 31 09:17:23 CEST 2012

Hi,
I'm developing a module for paying from a capture card (within a video
framework that uses libav in other modules) and I'd like to use the libav
yadif filter.

I have stored the captured picture in PIX_FMT_UYVY422 pixel format and I've
been able to use the swscale for converting the image and
avpicture_deinterlace to apply the old libav deinterlacing method, but the
results aren't as good as expected.

First of all, I have to make one copy and convert the image to PIX_FMT_YUV422P
(the one this method requires), apply the deinterlace method and then
re-convert the result image to the needed original pixel format, so it
would be 3 copies and 3 modifications... a huge delay for such bad results.

I have an AVPicture source frame (easy to convert to an AVFrame) and I need
to get the same as result.
Questions:
- Do I need to convert my original frame to an specific pixel format?
- Do I need another data structure for frame storage (vector/array/list)?
- Is there any independent function to do that (inside vf_yadif.c) I could
use?

Thank you in advance,
Hector.