[Libav-user] Problem with rtmp stream

Nelson Perez bilthon at gmail.com
Sun Dec 9 01:19:02 CET 2012

Hi there, I've been experiencing some trouble with a few rtmp streams
lately. The context is that I'm trying to capture some streams from street
cameras avaiable in the interent. Some cameras are not working though but
their streams have not been shut down.

What happens then is that since these streams have no data, the play
command doesnt do anything. I suppose some socket calls a blocking read
somewhere and the program just hangs there. What I would like to have is
some sort of timeout of some kind for these "faulty streams".

To give you guys an example, here's the command to grab video from a camera
that works.

ffmpeg -i "rtmp://200.141.78.68:1935/cet-rio/1.stream pageUrl=
http://transito.rio.rj.gov.br --live" -vcodec copy -an out.flv

And here is an example of the problematic one:

ffmpeg -i "rtmp://200.141.78.68:1935/cet-rio/74.stream pageUrl=
http://transito.rio.rj.gov.br --live" -vcodec copy -an out.flv

Does somebody have a suggestion to fix this issue?

Nelson