[Libav-user] How to connect to an IP camera in libav

Don Moir donmoir at comcast.net
Sun Dec 9 18:04:00 CET 2012

> I’m trying to connect to a Foscam MJpeg IP camera (http) using libav on Windows and am getting an error code of -5 after

For the foscam F18918W the default http string is: (dont forget &pwd=)

http://x.x.x.x/videostream.asf?user=admin&pwd=

For a list of possible strings for foscam cameras goto:

http://www.ispyconnect.com/man.aspx?n=foscam

I dont have any problem connecting but the time is way off like 6 seconds plus so large delay in animation.

I am assuming there is a way to control this but after looking around still don't know.

If I just ignore the timing its perfect. ffplay has the same problem.

I dont care about ffplay and this for internal code.

Alex, you got any info on this ?