[Libav-user] Please help me will ffmpeg be able to decode the h264 data

Roman Ryltsov ryltsov at gmail.com
Fri Dec 21 11:42:24 CET 2012

Media Foundation is core Windows API. To correct Oleg on his previous post,
its H.264 decoder is available starting Windows 7 and is a part of baseline
Windows (no additional installations necessary).

The decoder is available through both video processing APIs, DirectShow and
Media Foundation, which you can leverage in your application. There is a
multitude of community samples available for DirectShow and there are Media
Foundation samples in Windows SDK.

You can also use FFmpeg's H.264 video decoder, the quick start for which is
pre-built FFmpeg for Windows available from
http://ffmpeg.zeranoe.com/builds/ where you can grab redistributable DLLs
and LIBs to link your Visual Studio project against.

Hope this helps,
Roman