[Libav-user] mp3 structure question

Jeff Warren jeff.warren at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 02:31:29 CET 2012

Hi, hoping someone can help me with a query.

I am trying to reconstruct mp3 files using stream data only, with the help
of ffmpeg. I have tried recreating the 10 byte id3v2 header (for example,
[0x49, 0x44, 0x33, 0x03, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00], and then after
seeking to time 0 in the input file using av_read_frame, I copy each frame's
payload into the output file. However this doesn't seem to give me valid
files, what am I doing wrong?

Is what I am trying to do not actually possible in this way? Essentially I
want to create a new version of the file containing only the stream data,
with no metadata.

Any pointers appreciated!

Jeff