[Libav-user] Whats wrong with this select filter?

amir.rouhi at rmit.edu.au amir.rouhi at rmit.edu.au
Wed Feb 15 03:29:02 CET 2012

In windows the problem is still as before which is very wired. i checked
bellow command with different combination of single quote and double quote,
but always errors were there:

ffmpeg -i D:\test\1.mpg -vf "select='eq(pict_type\,I)' " -f image2
d:\Test\IFrames\I-Frm-%03d.jpeg

The problem is still there when i install ffmpeg on my ubuntu. when i runt
the command here , the ffmpeg error is that can not get -vf as a switch,
and does not accept it and when i removed the -vf, the error changes to,
can no recognized output format. The command in linux is:

ffmpeg -i test/1.mpg -vf select='eq(pict_type\,I)' -f image2
test/IFrames/I-Frm-%03d.jpeg

On 14 February 2012 21:10, Carl Eugen Hoyos <cehoyos at ag.or.at> wrote:

>  <amir.rouhi at ...> writes:
>
> > BTW i am using FFMPEG on windows with win xp platform.
> > does it make any causes for such errors?
> > ffmpeg -i D:\test\1.mpg -vf "select=eq(pict_type\,I)"
>
> I know this will not really help you, but both above line and
> your original single quotes work fine on a Linux shell.
>
> Perhaps try MSys?
>
> Carl Eugen

Amir H. Rouhi
PhD Student/ CSIT RMIT University