[Libav-user] Video overlay only overlays first frame

Kenneth Gibson kennethjjgibson at gmail.com
Thu Feb 16 01:58:46 CET 2012

I found this somewhere:

"The first frame of one of the videos will also be repeated in the
beginning if the videos that have different initial timestamps."

I guess that was what was happening, even though I was attempting to set
both initial timestamps to 0. Just as a test I changed the overlay setpts
to -10 and now it plays the video properly, although I don't really
understand why.