[Libav-user] remuxing MKV/H.264 to MPEG2 Elemntary Stream

Alex Cohn alexcohn at netvision.net.il
Fri Feb 17 20:14:39 CET 2012

On Feb 17, 2012 7:48 PM, "Pavel Sokolov" <pavel at sokolov.me> wrote:

> Hi All!
>
> I have successfully remuxed AVI/MPEG2 to Elementary stream:
>    av_read_frame(_ffmpeg_format_context, &_ffmpeg_packet);
> av_read_frame also returns Elementary stream, after this i get only video
packets, write them to file and all works fine.

> But when I do av_read_frame at the MKV/H264 file and than save video
stream to file than VLC reports:
> [mp3 @ 0x1964d80] Header missing
> [mp3 @ 0x1964d80] Header missing
> [mp3 @ 0x1964d80] Header missing
>
> May be I need to add some extra header to the packets?

Elementary stream does not work for h264. With h264, we speak about a raw
video in Appex B byte stream format, see
http://wiki.multimedia.cx/index.php?title=H.264.

Ffmpeg suppliers conversion to appex B without transcoding.

BR
Alex