[Libav-user] Decoding specific formats?

Patrick Zielinski dzeesea at gmail.com
Tue Feb 21 22:24:09 CET 2012

Hello all, I have integrated decoding with libavformat and libavcodec a
basic decoder. It works for H264 encoded video's and also I converted one
into avi, it also works.

But for some reason when I try other formats like .mkv I receive this
error:

[h264 @ 05f32a80] no frame!

I've encoded  the mkv's with x264 so I'm having a hard time understand how
it cannot find a frame, it occurs when I call

avcodec_decode_video2(pCodecCtx, pFrame, &gotFrame, &packet);

What kind of details am I missing, because the different structs seem to
have correct data.