[Libav-user] Decoding specific formats?

Patrick Zielinski dzeesea at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 01:16:38 CET 2012

Ok, firstly please bare with me, up until two weeks ago I didn't even know
what codec were and how encoding worked. Also, this code is ported within a
C++ framework so it might not comply with your usual coding standards.

Essentially here is the code that I have written which resembles closely to
the libav decoding example with minor tweaks due to deprecated functions. I
actually have a different version in our code, but it's mostly just working
with the buffer and the image data to add to our own structure.

http://pastebin.ca/2120920

I'd like to have either tips on how I could make this more robust, or what
steps I should take to extract each frame from different formats. I've
taken a look at ffmpeg.c, but not as much as I wanted.