[Libav-user] [libav-user] demuxing of incoming rtp stream by means of libavformat and custom IO

Dmitry Volyntsev xeioexception at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 13:30:12 CET 2012

Oh, my fault. I had to mention that I can't use threads and locking
mechanisms for efficiency reasons (highloaded application).
I need to make rtsp/rtp stream processing with least possible overhead.
Event loop is libevent-based.
But thanks you, again, for advices!:)
I have no questions anymore

On Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 4:05 PM, Andrey Utkin <
andrey.krieger.utkin at gmail.com> wrote:

> 2012/2/24 Dmitry Volyntsev <xeioexception at gmail.com>:
> > OK, if so. May be I wrong.
> > Could you, please, explain how can I integrate the libavformat rtsp
> protocol
> > to my program, in case it already has own global event loop.
> > Using libavformat in case of rtsp format leads to blockage of my event
> loop
> > from time to time.
>
> I don't quite know yet how your event loop looks like, and what
> functions it serves.
> I'd propose running libavformat reading in a separate thread.
> Using struct/object with context data of your application, and mutex,
> you can track how much data you have processed, when did you receive
> last data portion, use that data actually etc.
> For immediate interruption (closing) of stream reading, use
> avio_open2() int_cb parameter (see libavformat/avio.h).
>
> --
> Andrey Utkin

Be happy,
Best regards,