[Libav-user] get if my rtsp input stream supports 'pause' command

fzanelli fzanelli at tecnosens.it
Tue Feb 28 08:49:07 CET 2012

I want to play a rtsp input stream from an ip camera and I'd like to know if
it supports 'pause' command. At low level (rtsp protocol) would be
sufficient read the response from the command 'OPTIONS', but how can I get
that information by ffmpeg api? This is my simplified code:

AVFormatContext *fc = avformat_alloc_context();
int res;
res = avformat_open_input(&fc, "rtsp://10.0.4.58/h264", NULL, NULL);
res = avformat_find_stream_info(fc, NULL);

AVCodecContext *cc = fc->streams[videoStreamIndex]->codec;

once I got FormatContext and CodecContext, how can I get if my stream
supports 'pause' command, that means that av_read_pause() api has really
effect?

thank you

Franco