[Libav-user] building as .dll and .framework

Andrey Utkin andrey.krieger.utkin at gmail.com
Wed Feb 29 22:37:44 CET 2012

среда, 29 февраля 2012 г. пользователь Craig Murray <
craigmurray100 at gmail.com> писал:
> I've been asked to package ffmpeg inside an Adobe AIR application.  The
Adobe documentation says that this can be done by compiling the app (ffmepg
in this case) as a .dll (for windows) and a .framework(for mac).  I'll need
to do both.

> So my question is, how hard is going to be to change the make files to
produce these linkable lilbraries instead of executables as they are now?

> And 2nd, can anyone give me some hints of get me started with how to
modify the makefiles or whatever else needs changed to achieve this?

> Thanks much!

IIRC, actually you have dll when building on windows. Ensure
--enable-shared configure option.
Regarding mac - framework is generally a directory with static or dynamic
libs. There must be generic tutorials on packaging libs into framework.
We'd be very thankful if you contribute to upstream such script for
framework-izing.

--
Andrey Utkin