[Libav-user] Questions about using libav in a multi-threaded application

Tr3wory tr3w at freemail.hu
Sun Jan 15 19:41:52 CET 2012

Hi all!

I started writing a multi-threaded program which can read multiple
videos simultaneously.
Basically every thread read it's own video, and use it's own
AVFormatContext and AVCodecContext so no libav related shared data
exist.
What is not clear to me: is this scenario supported by default, or I
need to use av_lockmgr_register etc.?

My other questions is logging related: I know I can register a new
callback with av_log_set_callback, but because I have more than one
video in processing, how can I know where the logging information came
from?

Thanks for your help!

Best,
Tr3wory