[Libav-user] Questions about using libav in a multi-threaded application

wl2776 wl2776 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 16 12:13:16 CET 2012

Yes, y
Tr3wory wrote

> Can't I just set some pointer in a context or somewhere else what I
> can use in the callback like in most other callback driven library?

Yes, you can.
Generally, you call av_log(/*log level*/, /* context pointer */, "message",
/*other arguments*/ );
Default log callback casts context pointer from void * to AVClass * and
extracts all necessary information from it.
You can create your own variable of type AVClass and pass its pointer to the
log.