[Libav-user] problems on windows cross compile

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Thu Jan 19 04:41:31 CET 2012

On Mon, Jan 09, 2012 at 04:02:30PM -0300, Gonzalo Garramuno wrote:
> I have been trying to compile ffmpeg for windows either as a cross compile
> from linux.
> Under the cross compile all compiles fine, but the resulting dlls crash on
> some movies and ffmpeg reports that the compiler did not align the memory
> correctly.
> I use
>
> configure --enable-shared --enable-memalign-hack --target-os=mingw32
> --arch=i586 --disable-yasm --cross-prefix=i386-mingw32-
>
> Disabling yasm seems to improve things with less crashes.
> To compile the dlls into my executable, I run LIB.EXE from microsoft on the
> resulting .def files to create .lib files.

you could try asking at zeranoes forum, they probably know better
how to compile for windows.
except that my suggestion would be to read the manuals of the compiler
and linker and look for alignment related options.
also a newer compiler might work better but iam guessing here ...

Democracy is the form of government in which you can choose your dictator