[Libav-user] Encoding in PIX_FMT_YUYV422

francesco at bltitalia.com francesco at bltitalia.com
Mon Jan 23 11:36:56 CET 2012

Hi to all
I'm attempting to encode in PIX_FMT_YUYV422 using libavcodec.
It's not clear to me the format of input raw data.  I understood that
all pixel should be in 16 Bit format, but in buffer, how should be inserted
data ?  That is, if locpFrame is a pointer to an AVFrame, I should insert;

locpFrame->data[0] => The buffer containing only luma samples (Y0,Y1,Y2..)
locpFrame->data[1] => The buffer containing only Chroma 1 samples
(Cr0,Cr1,Cr2..)
locpFrame->data[2] => The buffer containing only Chroma 2 samples
(Cb0,Cb1,Cb2...)

or:

locpFrame->data[0] => The buffer containing packetized samples,
Y0,Cr0,Y1,Cb0,Y2,Cr1,Y3,Cb1....

Best regards