[Libav-user] Encoding in PIX_FMT_YUYV422

francesco at bltitalia.com francesco at bltitalia.com
Tue Jan 24 08:48:14 CET 2012

delle firme digitali 6817 (20120122) __________

>Il messaggio è stato controllato da ESET NOD32 Antivirus.
>
>www.nod32.it

Hi Mr Eugen
now is more clear. But if I use PIX_FMT_YUV422P the comment is not clear
too.  It says :

///< planar YUV 4:2:2, 16bpp, (1 Cr & Cb sample per 2x1 Y samples)

even though the two Croma are inverted, the difference will be in colors.
If they are swapped (little endian instead of big endian due to the fact
that is in 16 bit format), the final image will have wrong colors.
What I haven't understood is how to pass data to encoder. That is, should I
use three different buffers (for luma, Cr and Cb) or a single buffer?
Thanks for the patience