[Libav-user] AVCODEC_MAX_AUDIO_FRAME_SIZE

Marlon Reid Marlon at scansoft.co.za
Fri Jan 27 09:29:32 CET 2012

Hi everyone,

In the function "avcodec_decode_audio3" there is a check to see if the
frame_size_ptr passed in is not smaller than
AVCODEC_MAX_AUDIO_FRAME_SIZE.  I don't really understand this.  Why can
I not pass in a frame_size that is smaller than
AVCODEC_MAX_AUDIO_FRAME_SIZE?  This means that my buffers will always
have to be of size AVCODEC_MAX_AUDIO_FRAME_SIZE which is quite big.
Basically I am trying to understand why we force this size to be
AVCODEC_MAX_AUDIO_FRAME_SIZE.

Thank you.