[Libav-user] MPEG2 picture header question

francesco at bltitalia.com francesco at bltitalia.com
Wed Jul 4 16:56:20 CEST 2012

Hi to all
I am compressing in MPEG2 4:2:2 format long GOP (gop_size=11) and closed GOP.
I noted that each time that avcodec_encode_video returns a value different
from zero (always 250000 when bit_rate is 50000000) in the data there are
more than one picture header (identified by mark "00 00 01 00"), and not
always the data starts with a picture header (excluding I frame obviously).
The question is :  there is a way to have a single picture header for each
data block, and this picture header aligned ?  That is the data should start
with the picture header (00 00 01 00) ?