[Libav-user] sws_setColorspaceDetails parameters for colorspace conversions

Robert Krüger krueger at lesspain.de
Sun Jul 8 13:04:17 CEST 2012

Hi,

I'm trying to do a colorspace conversion using libswscale. The
documentation for sws_setColorspaceDetails doesn't have all params
documented:

/**
 * @param inv_table the yuv2rgb coefficients, normally ff_yuv2rgb_coeffs[x]
 * @return -1 if not supported
 */
int sws_setColorspaceDetails(struct SwsContext *c, const int inv_table[4],
                             int srcRange, const int table[4], int dstRange,
                             int brightness, int contrast, int saturation);

Would it be correct for a conversion e.g. from YUV Material encoded
using ITU-R 601 to YUV encoded using ITU-R 709 to set the SwsContext
using ff_yuv2rgb_coeffs[SWS_CS_ITU601] for inv_table and
ff_yuv2rgb_coeffs[SWS_CS_ITU709] for table?

Thanks in advance,

Robert

P.S.: I know of the existence of the colormatrix filter but I'm
looking for an LGPL solution and using swscale seems simpler for my
use case