[Libav-user] trim video C code help

Robert Krüger krueger at lesspain.de
Mon Jul 9 17:02:01 CEST 2012

Hi,

On Mon, Jul 9, 2012 at 4:34 PM, Fabio Tiriticco <fabio.europe at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am asking this question as I could find no useful information in hours of
> searching. I would like to use ffmpeg in its C library code form to write a
> program that can trim a video, extract a portion, possibly mix it with other
> portions and re-encode the final result.
>
> I really can't find any documentation, maybe it's my fault. But any hint on
> this would be immensely appreciated.
>
> Cheers
> Fabio

look at the examples in the ffmpeg/doc/examples directory to get
started. Other than that, reading API docs (which are by far not
complete but improving continously) and looking at code examples (e.g.
in existing filters, look for all the "vf_<filter-name>.c" files or in
some cases ffmpeg.c and ffplay.c themselves) is your best bet.
Depending on how much experience you have in this area, this will
require quite sometime and endurance on your part but it's doable.

Hope this helps a bit.

Cheers,

Robert.