[Libav-user] Public way of accessing PAT/PMT for a mpegts (both binary and the contents)

cognos david.codesido at gmail.com
Wed Jul 11 21:14:34 CEST 2012

Hi there,

I'm trying to get the PAT/PMT from a mpegts. I need both the binary and the
information contained inside these sections. Looking through the API and the
codeI found nothing public about getting this info but some private classes
that seem to work with this information (mpegts.c). Also I found some
doing ad hoc stuff that is exactly what I need
(http://lists.libav.org/pipermail/libav-user/2008-September/001249.html).

The point is, these functions are private (theire not even in the mpegts.h),
so: Is there any way for me to  use these functions? I mean, even if I
include the whole libav directory where I dowloaded and compiled the library
I won't get access to these functions.

If there isn't any, what could I do? Maybe you can think on another way for
getting this info that I'm not seeing.

Thanks in advance for your precious time.