[Libav-user] sws_scale has weird behavior when not resizing

Michael Bradshaw mbradshaw at sorensonmedia.com
Mon Jul 16 19:30:30 CEST 2012

On Mon, Jul 16, 2012 at 10:15 AM, Alexandre Millette
<amillett at matrox.com> wrote:
> On a somewhat related note, can the sws_scale behavior that I was seeing be
> considered a bug?

Yes. It's either a bug in your code or in sws_scale. The fact that
ffmpeg doesn't reproduce it makes me lean towards it being a bug in
your code, but that doesn't necessarily mean it is. Or it's an
undocumented "feature" that needs to be documented.

> If so, how should I open a ticket for it to be fix?

You never mentioned which version of sws_scale/libav* you're using. If
you can reproduce it with the current git head and your code looks ok
(I can't see any immediate red flags from what little I've seen),
check out this page (also note the "Bug Tracker" sub section):
http://ffmpeg.org/bugreports.html

--Michael