[Libav-user] Setting libx264 bitrate via API

Rakesh Shivayya Guttedar -ERS, HCL Tech rakesh-sg at hcl.com
Mon Jul 23 08:17:11 CEST 2012

Hi,

I am also facing a similar issue.
When I set the bit rate using

	out_vcodec->bit_rate = 200000;

the quality of the video goes very bad. But when I set qmin and qmax, the bitrate setting is ignored.
Only when i set a high value (approx 100MB) for the bit rate, the quality of the video improves.

I think there is some bug in ffmpeg or I might be missing something.
Can anyone tell whats the problem?

Thanks