[Libav-user] Using LibX264 with ffmpeg libraries

noahzarc noahzarc at hotmail.co.uk
Mon Jul 23 15:34:47 CEST 2012

Nicolas George-2 wrote

> Le quartidi 24 messidor, an CCXX, Noah Arc a écrit :
>> In the past, libx264 variables such as crf was a part of AVCodecContext.
>> However, looks like in version 0.11 it has been deprecated and was moved
>> to libx264.c as a private variable. But for my project, I'm used to just
>> assign a value to crf (of a ptr of type AVCodecContext). Could someone
>> please give me a hint on how I could implement the API changes?
>
> You are supposed to pass the options as the third argument to
> avcodec_open2.
> There is an example in the documentation of the function.
>
> Please refrain from top-posting on this mailing list; and if you did not
> understand what it means, look it up.
>
> Regards,
>
> --
>   Nicolas George

If you are talking about the "muxing.c" example under doc, yes I have looked
at it and attempted to implement similar format in my code. However as I
stated before, I get the "identifier not found" error at compiling time. I
have included opt.h and avcodec.h avformat.h at the top of my code, so I'm
just wondering if there are anything else I need to include.

P.S. when I right click on the function and "jump to definition", it
actually jumps to the function deceleration in opt.h.

Cheers