[Libav-user] Setting level within libx264 codec

noahzarc noahzarc at hotmail.co.uk
Mon Jul 23 20:43:45 CEST 2012

Hi all:
I have a quick question about setting the encoding level for libx254. In
ffmpeg 0.10, I was able to set the profile just with the code below

outputCodecCtx->level = 52;

Of course with outputCodexCtx being of type AVCodecContext. And then I would
get the profile: High, level 5.2. However after updating to ffmpeg 0.11,
seems like the same code will lead to a different profile:

High 4:4:4 Predictive, level 5.2, 4:2:0 8-bit

The output can still be generated but the size of the output is about 10
times bigger than the result of ffmpeg 0.10

Any suggestions?
p.s. I've also tried to change "52" to "FF_PROFILE_H264_HIGH", but then I
get an error saying "level 100 is not defined"..