[Libav-user] Clarification on Libavcodec

Krishna krishnaks at iwavesystems.com
Thu Jun 7 20:03:13 CEST 2012

Hi,

I need small clarification on Libavcodec library behaviour

I am developing IOS live video streaming application fow which Live555 I am using to receive H264 frames from Server(Camera).
I am using Libavcodec to decode H264 frames to YUV & libwscale to YUV to RGB conversion.
Our goal is to achieve the frame rate of 30FPS.

My doubt is If H264 frame arrival rate(from network) is faster than decoding rate, Whether frames get queued?
If YES, how to avoid that?

Regards,
KP