[Libav-user] avio_* APIs and muxing to memory

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Wed Jun 13 17:28:25 CEST 2012

Michael Chisholm <chisholm at ...> writes:

> Is a NULL buffer supported (if not documented) if you set the
> direct flag?

direct is the intended replacement, while it is not a good idea
to pass NULL (that's why it is not documented), it may work. A
better idea is to pass a buffer, note that neither the old API
nor direct guarantee that no buffering is taking place, but
for typical use cases, direct is sufficient.

> I am looking at the latest downloadable version, ffmpeg 0.11.1.

If you are a user (and not a distributor), you should always
use current git head.

Carl Eugen