[Libav-user] How to create a video stream without IDR slices?

amir.rouhi at rmit.edu.au amir.rouhi at rmit.edu.au
Tue Jun 19 11:30:43 CEST 2012

i have written a code for intra frame extraction out of stream, and the
code just work on i slices, IDR slices made some errors with my code.
BTW ffmpeg by proper vcodec can encode h264.avc. are you sure it cant?
I will check intra-refresh for that purpose. thanks.

On 19 June 2012 17:14, Carl Eugen Hoyos <cehoyos at ag.or.at> wrote:

>  <amir.rouhi at ...> writes:
>
> > 1- Not any IDR slices. &
> > 2- 1 second interval between I slices.
>
> Out of curiosity:
> Could you explain why you want I-slices / frames but not IDR?
>
> > Would you let me know how can i achieve this by FFMPEG?
>
> FFmpeg does not support h264 encoding, the external library
> x264 does, so I suspect this is a question for a x264-forum.
>
> If you just want to avoid the bitstream peaks that I(DR) produces,
> try --intra-refresh.
>
> Carl Eugen

Amir H. Rouhi
PhD Student/ CSIT RMIT University