[Libav-user] timestamp error

Florin killerappzz at gmail.com
Mon Jun 25 01:18:31 CEST 2012

Hello Vlad,

Thanks for your reply. I just tried the code you sent me, but now when I run
I get the following error when running the application:
[swscaler @ 0x8e56780] bad dst image pointers

However this brings me closer to the answer. After searching I see that this
error is thrown if the pointers to the destination data planes are not
valid. But shouldn't they have been set by the avpicture_fill call?

I tried a quick'n'dirty fix: just before the sws_scale call, I manually set
the pointers to the planes, like this:
    int size = aCtx->width * aCtx->height;
    tempFrame->data[0] = buffer;
    tempFrame->data[1] = tempFrame->data[0] + size;
    tempFrame->data[2] = tempFrame->data[1] + size / 4;
    tempFrame->linesize[0] = aCtx->width;
    tempFrame->linesize[1] = aCtx->width / 2;
    tempFrame->linesize[2] = aCtx->width / 2;

And after doing this, I get again segmentation fault! So, on the good news
side, at least now I found out the cause of the segmentation fault from my
previous attempt, it comes from my wrongly setting these data planes.

So now, question is: how to set the pointers to the destination data planes
?

Best regards,
Florin.