[Libav-user] Frames are not visually lining up between my code and ffmpeg.exe

Noah Spitzer-Williams noah at highlighthunter.com
Wed Jun 27 18:15:32 CEST 2012

Thanks Pavel but it doesn't look like I can use the ->skip_frame flag to
specify a particular number of frames to skip.

From:
http://ffmpeg.org/doxygen/trunk/group__lavc__decoding.html#g352363bce7d3ed82c101b3bc001d1c16
*AVDISCARD_NONE* discard nothing*AVDISCARD_DEFAULT* discard useless packets
like 0 size packets in avi*AVDISCARD_NONREF* discard all non reference*
AVDISCARD_BIDIR* discard all bidirectional frames*AVDISCARD_NONKEY* discard
all frames except keyframes*AVDISCARD_ALL* discard all

On Tue, Jun 26, 2012 at 8:26 PM, Pavel Koshevoy <pkoshevoy at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 06/26/2012 01:11 PM, Simon Daniels wrote:
>
>> Hi Michael -- after reading into things a bit more, I agree that it's
>> risky what I'm doing. However, I only need about 3 frames per second so
>> maybe waiting for a key frame isn't the end of the world...
>>
>> Is there a safer way? The decoding is extremely expensive so I only want
>> to do it when I absolutely need to.
>>

> You can avoid decoding some frames by setting AVStream.codec->skip_frame
> flag.
>
>    Pavel.

Noah Spitzer-Williams
CEO, Highlight Hunter