[Libav-user] Segfault on corrupted video

Alex Cohn alexcohn at netvision.net.il
Thu Jun 28 08:16:56 CEST 2012

On Thu, Jun 28, 2012 at 4:17 AM, Michael Bradshaw
<mbradshaw at sorensonmedia.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 27, 2012 at 6:26 PM, Tim Pitman <tapitman11 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Interesting. However, I'm using x264 with --intra-refresh and --tune
> > zerolatency (no b frames).
>
> Sorry, I missed that part.

At any rate, it seems that in some cases of corrupted input, the
decoder simply decides to stop producing got_pictue.

On Wed, Jun 27, 2012 at 5:58 PM, Tim Pitman <tapitman11 at gmail.com> wrote:
> It no longer crashes, but instead seems to freeze for a few seconds,
> which is definitely a big step in the right direction.

Do I understand correctly that this happens not at the beginning of
the stream (which would be a result of non-zero latency in the
source), but after packet loss?

Alex