[Libav-user] H.264 decoding without buffering

Piox noxylene at gmail.com
Wed Mar 7 17:42:41 CET 2012

Hi,

I'm currently building an application which has some specific needs, in
particular on buffering stuff. I would like to be able to open an H.264
stream, pick up the first frame, decode it and be able to work on in.
Currently when decoding, there is always a buffer of 5 or 6 pictures, and i
don't want this.

I managed to do it on the coding part using the x264 library and applying
the "zero latency" tune option, but I don't know how to do it on decoding
part. Is that possible, and if it is, how can I activate it ?

Best regards
noxylene