[Libav-user] Please help me about transcoding to TS stream: H.264 bitstream malformed, no startcode found, use the h264_mp4toannexb bitstream filter (-bsf h264_mp4toannexb)

Li Zhang lizhang at utelisys.com
Sat Mar 10 09:37:51 CET 2012

Hi Kalileo,

Thank you very much for your quick reply.

Sorry for my unclear description last email. What I have done is start from mpeg2 TS stream, and then decoding, encoding them to H.264+AAC without container. Next I have put H.264+AAC data frame into AVI, MKV, MP4 container successfully. However, my final target is putting H.264+AAC data frame into TS container. And it failed. So what I passed to IMHO h264_mp4toannexb is not mpegts stream but H.264+AAC frame.

So I want to make sure you understand my situation correctly.

So according to my understanding, after the H.264 encoding, I should add the h264 Annex B header to every H264 video frame manually. Am I right?

Hope there is some experts can give us confirmation about that. Or there is any other suggestion please tell me, thanks.

Best regards,

Li Zhang