[Libav-user] Force low-delay handling? question + feature suggestion

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Sun Mar 11 16:57:43 CET 2012

Carl Eugen Hoyos <cehoyos at ...> writes:

> > would it work to patch ff_h264_decode_init() and decode_postinit() to also
> > check the AV_DISCARD mode, and if we are discarding B and/or nonref frames,
> > would set avctx->has_b_frames=0 and low_delay=1 ?

You would have to discard all B-frames (because they require reordering) not
only the non-ref ones, i.e. corruption would be possible.

> I don't know but I suggest that you write such a patch (optionally test it on
> streams with B-frames) and post it on ffmpeg-devel where it can be discussed.

Did you write such a patch?

Please note that your mails are nearly unreadable:
http://ffmpeg.org/pipermail/libav-user/2012-March/001495.html

Consider setting your mailer to "plain text".

Carl Eugen