[Libav-user] What is the meaning of return value -1 for av_interleaved_write_frame()

Li Zhang lizhang at utelisys.com
Tue Mar 20 11:21:59 CET 2012

Hi ,

I used av_interleaved_write_frame() to write frames into output. At first, it works well. After a while, it will fail and return value is -1.
Actually, it only failed for video frame, and ffmpeg did not give out any message, i. e. it still gave out this information for the 701st frame:
frame= 701 QP=24.73 NAL=2 Slice:P Poc:108 I:14   P:1310 SKIP:2276 size=5413 bytes. In fact, this frame was not been written.
Does there anyone know what is the meaning?

Best regards,

Li