[Libav-user] Current frame number and seek...

Dirk Reiners dirk.reiners at gmail.com
Sat Mar 24 13:55:28 CET 2012

	Hi All,

I'm trying to figure out the current frame number of the playing video stream.
I'm hoping to get an exact frame number, so I'm hoping to avoid messing with
time codes to avoid rounding errors etc. If I just play the stream,
AVFrame::coded_picture_number seems to work fine.

However, when I seek in the file (using av_seek_frame or avformat_seek_file)
that counter is not corrected. Is there an alternative way to get the current
frame number that I haven't found, which respects seeks?

Thanks

	Dirk