[Libav-user] H.264 always enabled on OS X.. ?

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Sun May 13 13:57:37 CEST 2012

Lucas Soltic <soltic.lucas at ...> writes:

> Today I noticed something weird about the enabled decoders.
> Is it normal that ./configure --disable-yasm --disable-decoders
> --disable-encoders --disable-muxers gives me that?

> Enabled decoders:
> h264

> Enabled hwaccels:
> h264_vda

(I can only guess because I am not on OS X.)
By default, hwaccels are enabled / autodetected. Since you did not
disable hwaccels, h264_vda was detected and enabled and since it
required the h264 (software) decoder, this decoder was also enabled.

I do understand why you suspect a bug, but it can be argued that
this is intended, if you want to disable the software decoder (and
don't need h264_vda), use --disable-hwaccels.

Could you explain what you are trying to achieve with --disable-decoders
--disable-encoders --disable-muxers? If you only need demuxers, I
wonder how good they work with --disable-decoders...

Note that there is --disable-everything (which can be combined with
enable-options) which you may be searching for.

Carl Eugen