[Libav-user] Video Quality Analyzer - implement which features?

NITIN GOYAL nitinkumgoyal at gmail.com
Wed May 23 13:56:33 CEST 2012

I am also working on the Video quality analyzer tool.

But mine is a No reference one where i don't need to compare my video
quality to the source content.

But for measuring the quality, it depends on the parameters you want to
take into consideration and if you can provide a MOS values in last based
on the comparison made.

There can be many parameters like display jitter, freezes, frame rates, GOP
sizes, frame types, display time, PTS nd DTS analysis, for audio u can
include sampling stuff, noise detection

Also, for the different parameters, you can use ffmpeg in order to decode
the content, OpenCV for motion vector and scene activity calculations

Left all plugins will depend upoin the parameters you can include.

Thanks
Nitin