[Libav-user] avcodec_decode_video2 got_picture parameter returns zero sometimes

krishnaks at iwavesystems.com krishnaks at iwavesystems.com
Fri May 25 06:51:01 CEST 2012

Hi,

I am using libavcodec for H264 decoying.
I am using this API for decoding H264 video frame
int avcodec_decode_video2(AVCodecContext *avctx, AVFrame *picture,
                         int *got_picture_ptr,
                         const AVPacket *avpkt);

Here sometimes got_picture_ptr returns zero  which means frames could not
be decompressed.
What may be the reason? I am getting the H264 frame without any loss.
ANy configuration option I am missing?

Thanks in advance.