[Libav-user] Working h264 codec configuration for current ffmpeg build

Christian Brümmer christian.bruemmer at gmx.de
Sat May 26 11:07:49 CEST 2012

Hi,

i'm new to libav and video compression at all. What i tried so far is
reusing output-example.c or decoding-encoding.c slightly modyfied for
compiling on VS++2010 (win7) and to use it for x264 encoding. One of my
main problems are that i didnt find up-to-date x264 configurations (c:
hardcoded) working with current ffmpeg build. Most examples i found
(around 2010) using deprecated flags and functions for configuration and
cause i dont know what most of that flag does - so i can't replace them
with up-to-date right ones.

Would be nice to get a example configuration which is working (c-code
and may without using ffmpeg-presets) so i can make sure that my
problems (crashes on avcodec_encode_video or
av_interleaved_write_frame()) not caused by bad codec configurations!

By the way: my avcodec_encode_video returns 32 times "0" before really
writing a frame and returning a valid byte size - can this be a right
behaviour?

Thanks for reading!
Regards,
Christian