[Libav-user] How to speed-up vp8 video decoding.

Alfredo Perez alfredo at perseum.com
Mon May 28 09:40:34 CEST 2012

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this list so I want to say hello first of all and second
congratulate you for the excellent work you are doing.

I am running version 0.8.11 "love" version of the ffmpeg library on my
application. The encoder works fine. It takes ~60 milliseconds to encode
each frame. The problem is that I could not compile the library for the
decoder with assembler enabled. It takes more than 250 milliseconds to
decode each frame. I am using gop size 10, at 8 frames per second,
max_b_frames = 3.

Do you know if there is any option on the codecContext for the decoder that
I can use to reduce the quality but increasing the speed?

Thank you very much.
Alfredo.