[Libav-user] get RGB values from ffmpeg frame

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Tue Nov 20 11:08:42 CET 2012

Navin <nkipe at ...> writes:

> I have been through many websites, but they either use
> img_convert (which doesn't work) or sws_scale, which
> crashes when I try to use it with RGB.

I may miss something, but I guess this is the important
problem you should work on (see doc/examples).

Possibly unrelated:
In your source code, I did not find information which
decoder you are using.
Some decoders (everything mpeg-related) output yuv, and
if you want the data in rgb, you have to convert it
(using the sofware scaler), others (some lossless formats)
output rgb, that may already be the data you want.

Carl Eugen