[Libav-user] get RGB values from ffmpeg frame

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Wed Nov 21 12:47:42 CET 2012

Navin <nkipe at ...> writes:

> Am using the latest ffmpeg-win32-dev and I've tried with a wmv, many mp4
> (from youtube, h264 (high) (avc1/0x31637661), yuv420p 1280x720,
> 1139kb/s, 24fps) files and avi too, but they're all crashing with
> Unhandled exception, Access violation writing location 0x002a3000 at the
> line "sws_scale".

Did you look at doc/examples/scaling_video.c?
Because I don't see the call to av_image_alloc() in your code...

Partly related:
If you are really interested in working with FFmpeg libraries,
instead of downloading pre-compiled libraries, you should either
install msys and mingw (which provide a debugger that would
have helped you) or compile FFmpeg with msvc.

Carl Eugen