[Libav-user] installing for Windows

Alex Cohn alexcohn at netvision.net.il
Sun Nov 25 18:58:59 CET 2012

On 25 Nov 2012 19:50, René J.V. Bertin <rjvbertin at gmail.com> wrote:

> Why is that?

LGPL requires that the end user could rebuild ffmpeg herself and use this
version instead of what you provided. Swapping DLL files is a piece of
cake; with static lib you must provide your code in obj format and
instructions for relinking it with upgraded ffmpeg libs.

Alex

> On Nov 25, 2012, at 18:46, Alex Cohn wrote:
>
> > > There aren't any in the zeranoe builds. And I don't know of any other
site that provides a static library for ffmpeg.